The IFAS SHARED SERVICE CENTER works in partnership with IFAS academic departments by providing timely, professional business support thus allowing departments to focus on delivering teaching, research, and extension programs. The primary purpose of shared services is to reduce duplication of effort, enable staff to focus on the highest- value work, and provide more services with limited resources. The Shared Service Center consolidates and streamlines the administrative functions such as Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, and Grants Management to ensure the most efficient and effective service delivery possible. Highly skilled and scarce resources are leveraged across multiple departments thus enabling better service and performance. This allows the IFAS units to focus more resources on achieving our academic mission.
- Provide strategic expertise in Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, and Grants Management
- Support major campus scope, policy and procedures
- Manage Departmental service expectations
- Quality, consistent service delivery and process improvement
- Commitment to excellence and superior service to all customers
- Ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with University and external regulations
- Reduction in “time to market” and problem resolution
- Achieve cost savings through consolidation, standardization, and automation
- Reduction in process cycle times. Process simplicity
Partnering for Efficiency
The IFAS Shared Service Center provides a wide range of services in Human Resources, Finance, and Grants management. By working together we achieve success and accomplish our mutual goals.